Gel Vs padded cushions

Tmuir

My current order with Cousins is looking a bit small to justify the £12 postage, so I want to add another couple of things to spread the postage a bit further.

I'm thinking of replacing my cheap and not very good padded cushion I sit watch cases on when adjusting them and at looking at Cousins I didn't realise there were so many options.

I'm pretty sure I will end up just ordering a traditional felt padded cushion, but can explain to me why a Gel cushion might be better?

Also do the Gel ones dry out or go hard over time, so in a few years it would need to be replaced as a good felt cushion if looked after should last me forever.

I'm pretty sure it will boil down to 'they are all as good as each other' and its just personal preference, but interested in what otehr people think.

I have a Bergeon padded cushion and it is only about a year old and is a bit battered, the foam has a bit of a memory effect. Meanwhile my friend picked up a gel cushion and it seems a much better job, and has held its shape well.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk