I have a Lip Nautic ski electronic new  ( :blink: ) 

The watch does not work .  I believe the movement need to be replace.

There is also an issue with the dial. the color is peeling.

Is it worth to repair? Or shall I try to sell it for parts ( the glass and frame are like new. also the bracelet is original)

Thanks for your advice. 

Have a great day 

_DSF5526.JPG

As it is I would say if you sold it complete it would be worth around £100-£150 one sold recently in non working condition for £192.00 but that had a much better condition dial. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lip-nautic-ski-nautic-ski-barrel-blue-ref-42982-vintage-super-compressor-/163381983016?hash=item260a533728%3Ag%3ARPYAAOSwlINb6~SM&nma=true&si=i4O0rq0vDZnytydLxrsfi4rsEJA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

complete working movements lip calibre r184 can be found for around £90.00  so it is repairable, the biggest problem is the condition of the dial to have that redone would be at least £100.00 plus, 

Good working examples of this model go any where between £250.00 to £350.

They are sort after but earlier examples fetch the highest prices £400-£600.

If you like the watch and want to keep it the most it will cost you  if it requires it is the cost of a movement and live with the dial as is, I dont think breaking it up would realise any more money than selling it whole.

Thanks for your reply.

I think i am probably sell it as it is. ( it is not part of my favorit watch as the movement is electronic) I don't think it is worth it to do all the effort to get it back to the new condition.

Do you know any web site beside e-bay for selling watches?

Thanks again.

regards.

J-C

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Good job so far! I'm interested to hear some recordings of your audio...you can upload to mega.nz.
      I have a different type of pre-amp in my possession (after waiting a long time for shipping from China), but haven't had much time to get all the tools out to solder something together.
    • For those that are interested in clocks. Here is a month duration Longcase clock. In case you have never seen one. Looking at the movement you can see how much bigger some of the wheels are in order for the gearing to be able to last a month on one single full wind. It’s a nice clock. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grandfather-Clock-month-duration-strikes-hourly/264092034953?hash=item3d7d1ca789:g:4goAAOSwfgRcDm2e
    • Good job Eland. Congratulations, you are doing a good job. And do not despair about the broken discs ... I have already lost count of how many I have destroyed, due to excessive heat, excessive force, etc.
      It could be that my response is a bit hasty, but I'm sure you do not need any of the devices that you indicate in the links. they are all POWER AMPLIFIERS. And what you need is a pre-amplifier. And seeing what you used in your project, I would consider that what you need is accurate and nothing more. It is possible that some modifications could be made but they would be minor. I would like to ask you to share an on-screen capture of the waveform to determine the level of the signal you are getting. I send you an example of what I am requesting.  
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.
    • If I live to retire and will be in good health (you never know) my plan is to dedicate a lot of time to this wonderful hobby and perhaps even be able to make some extra money doing it. I really don't know if there's any money to be made by building quality watches and try to market them and sell them on eBay, but I'm going to give it a try. Perhaps branding is more important than I imagine, but I'll see. Also, I've been asked by several people to "have a look" at their old mechanical and automatic watches, but so far I've denied it, having too little time even for my own projects.