hello

christopher4

Hello all,

I found this site while I was searching to find some info on my clock. Its been in the family for many years, my grandfather bought it in an antiques store in England around 1972 or 1973. The clock works great, but I have not been using it as it looks a bit dull. I am nervous about cleaning/polishing it because I do not want to damage it.

My questions are basically how can I get it back to original condition? How can I find out more about it? Maker, age, etc.

829477016_Mantelclock.thumb.jpg.b5d19eaaeb05c8d9b807906dff7dfc8f.jpg

@christopher4: Welcome to the forum ....... and you are in luck ! We have a few clock-experts on this forum and I'm sure they will report themselves. What may be an idea for identification of your clock, is to see if there are any inscriptions in the dial (names/dates) or anywhere else? Take some more pictures, if possible from the inside as well and start a new thread in the "Clock corner".

Before you start working on it, or clean it, best is to seek advice and gain (lots of) information. So far, you have done the right steps in seeking information first ......

Perhaps tell us also a bit about your clock- / watch-skills?

See you in the Clock Corner ;)

Edited by Endeavor