Some People Don't Deserve Nice Things.

I found this   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-SPEEDMASTER-MENS-REDUCED-3510-50-00-PARTS-REPAIR-WATER-DAMAGE-BOX-PAPERS-/131097481216?lgeo=1&clk_rvr_id=575469002783&vectorid=229508   Omega Speedmaster which someone has tried to drown.  I think that at over £400 they are being greedy,  it could be that all the rust will clean off but if any rust cannot be removed then it's going to prove very expensive.  It also looks to me as though there is water damage to the dial,  one for the very brave I think.

RogerC

Yep - its a shame but accidents can happen. I am working on one now (a breitling with a valjoux 7750) and it is quite badly rusted but luckily the dial and hands have escaped major damage. Im making a vid on it :)

• Like 1

Mark,

I'm sure you could repair both the Breitling and the Speedmaster and I look forward to the video,  if the Speedmaster had been in the UK and was £35 and not in the USA and £425 I would have thought it worth taking a chance.  I've also discovered that since I retired I do not move around enough to keep an automatic wound up so I'm now looking for a nice Seiko chronograph, new or used.

RogerC

Edited by autowind
  • Like 1