Comfortable Magnification

altaka

With Clocks my Opti Visor 3 power was perfect, good stereo vision

I've been looking for a 10 power visor but there doesn't seem to be one out there

Is everyone wearing flip down loupes or lenses on your normal glasses? That's only using one eye to see.

Are there different magnifications that you guys use depending on a specific job?

Thankyou Daniel,

I also have been using the Opti Visor but at 3.5 power its a bit of a challenge to see a cap jewel

Thanks for the link, it contains the double glass loupe which goes from 5 to 10 power,  together with my Opti's it should be a good start.

Al

Hi Al,

I would recommend also ebay since the chinese lenses, those you attach to glasses, are much cheaper and there are magnifications to choose from.

I got, like Daniel, optics from that same site and the lenses I got are not different from the chinese by much. I ended up using a chinese visor with more magnification.

On that, I can tell you, it's been a learning experience and mostly trial and error for me....

Has anyone tried the Rolson one in this ?

That looks very similar to a cheap Chinese one I bought years ago and still using today. The lens quality on mine is excellent and as you say you can use different combinations of any two lenses. They are good for folk that wear specs and the lenses flip up out of the way when not required.

I have bought many different types of magnification equipment, and these are the ones I use the most!

Edited by Geo

• 1 month later...

I purchased the cheaper eyewear with flip down lens. They prefer to call them telescopes.

Because they have multiple lenses they are able to produce a product for dentists with a focal point about 14 inches in front of the lens. Unfortunately focus is not adjustable and I can see how it would work better in a dental environment.

I tried to get used to working so far away, but its not comfortable. Let me try to explain, if you have the movement on the bench in front of you, you can't look at it from the top. You can only see it at a 45 degree angle. When I'm installing wheels or bridges I like to see it from above. To do that you would need to be hunched over into an uncomfortable position. The included led spot light is nice, maybe it can be adapted to some other application since the telescopes are not doing it for me.

I also purchased eyeglass loupes, I thought I would hate them but so far I prefer them. The image is clear and you only need to get used used to holding your head still so the focus doesn't keep changing. I miss having both my eyes working together like wearing an optivisor but being able to see 5 or 10 or 15 power is handy during my learning stage.

Next I will try mounting a HD camera above my work and display the image on a laptop in front of me. This will give me a steady image and a automatic focus. Maybe I can use the led spot light for that application.

Al