Rodico

Legarm

How long should the intervals be for changing to a new piece of Rodico.

Should you use a new piece every watch service?

Leave it for a few services?

ORRRRrrrr leave it until you can wring it out and recover all of that expensive oil and grease?

Just wondering..........  :unsure:

You know when Rodico is no longer effective when it starts leaving smears on watch plates. Every time you use it you should massage it like putty and mix it up. Then if it is not effective then keep it on a big blob on your bench - its still useful when its dirty for going round a dirty case or holding a part in place while you go over it with a scratch brush, you get the idea.

And Rodico that is not clean enough for movements but too clean for really dirty work - its great for using as an oiler/tweezer cleaner.

I used to use pithwood for this but I prefer now to use slightly older Rodico. Before I put the oiler in to draw oil, I will first push the oiler in some rodico - every time as a habit. 

Also useful for pressing the tips of your tweezers in to remove stickiness.

On a slightly different note - I tried the premium Rodico once, didn't see any added benefit. The regular Rodico is perfect.

• Like 3

Thank you for the detailed answer Mark, I appreciate it and still learning! I've also noticed that rodico and some of the chemicals we use (ex. lighter fluid) kind of dissolves it even makes a mess out of it for lack of a better word. There is another equivalent not by Bergeon and dark blue. Have you tried it?

Hi. Yes I forgot to mention that. It is not a good idea to get cleaning fluid on it - or lots of oil.

I only like the Bergeon - the other one 'one touch' is not nice imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk