Best Meal Of My Life

Last Friday my son took me to dinner at an Argentinian restaurant in San Francisco. We started with beef empanadas, moved on to spare ribs and grilled chilies, then roasted potatoes and a 26oz rib eye. We washed it all down with an excellent bottle of Malbec and some Chilean Carmenere. For dessert we had alfajores, churros with chocolate sauce, and vanilla shakes. Then we waddled back to the train, bloated but contented. Best food I've ever had and made so much the better by who I shared it with.

gaucho.jpg

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

There were some great places to eat there. We were down on Fisherman's Wharf and tried the Clam Chowder followed by the Dungeness Crab washed down with a bottle of California's best it was Delish, had to wear a plastic bib and get stuck in with hands and a pokey tool to get the meat out of the legs and claws there were bits of crab flying all over - good fun as well as good food.

Try this recipe for a steak...

1. Take a piece of steak and thoroughly cover both sides with sea salt

2. Heat a bone dry, cast iron griddle on the oven until it starts to smoke - no fat, no oil, no butter - absolutely dry

3. Put steak on griddle and turn every 30 seconds until as tender as you like

Eat!