Case for Unitas 233 (6445 or 6431)

ymer31

Hi everybody,

My name is Rémy and i'm a 34 yo french boy from Toulouse (in the south of France) and i really need your help !!!

I've got a 6431/6445 movement (http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&ae&2uswk&Unitas_6431) from pocket watch and i would like to make my own wristwatch .

But there is a problem...i don't know if any case can fit with it...

Could anybody help me or send me a link for purchasing the wristwath case (and hands?) ?

I'm really a noob in watch repairs...so sorry if my question is idiot.. :)

Kind regard,

Rémy

First of all, this would make a 55 - 60 mm wrist watch, so think about real wearability. Anyway, you can buy this kind of novelty / fashion watches on Aliexpress for cheap, possibly you could adapt a case and dial to this mov.t

Anyway you would need to learn first and get tools, for a start check 

I also recommend you subscribe to Mark's HD lessons. 

Hi, 

First, thank you for quick answer. :)

Are you sure that it will done a 55-60 mm diameter wristwatch? 

The 6431/6445 movement diameter is just 3 mm bigger than the 6497 movement and it is possible to find 40 mm diameter case for this last caliber. So why couldn't I make a 44 or 46 mm diameter wristwatch  case (without crown) with my 6431/6445 movement? 

Is it possible to buy a 46 mm diameter case for a 6497 movement on ebay and adapt it for my own movement? 

Kind regards, 

Rémy. 

3mm is an huge difference in watchmaking. Your movement is for a large pocket watch, not a wrist watch, so you will have to be creative if you really want to case it as wristwatch. I recommend that you choose a different beginner's project.