wls1971

The end for Fortis ?

It has been reported that Fortis has filed for debt protection in the Swiss courts, reading between the lines I think this gives them six months to come to an agreement with their creditors. if the company is to survive, if no ageement is reached it would be the end of the line for Fortis .

https://horologium.com.au/2017/11/29/industry-news-fortis-in-bankruptcy-debt-deferral/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Further examination revealed the escape wheel to have a bent pivot as shown in the photo. From what I've read in another WRT post, attempts at bending pivots back into position presents a high risk of breakage.
    • Thanks Stuart for the links to Borel and Cousins.  It has been helpful to see what parts are still available for this caliber.   What is the homemade tool you refer to? I have rewound some hairsprings on the 6497 clones I have been working on but  some sources report that it is not good for the mainspring to be wound this way, especially an old one.   Thanks, Jeffrey
    • Yeah definitely feeling some regret as I was getting to the deep innards of the watch, being careful not to inhale the smallest screws, referring to YouTube to try and figure out what I was looking at... The watch came up pretty cheap in my neighbourhood and I couldn't pass it up. I'm not sure it would justify the cost of a professional service though, so here I am
    • I have an omega triple date repair....the issue is that the month wheel is jammed and will not advance....if the date is advanced via one click of the crown it will stop at 31..the only way at this point to advance it to 01 is via the crown while setting the time...now the issue I am having at time with...getting the pressure ring case back off...for some reason on older pieces I have not had an issue...on this one yes!..any advice on how to remove it would be most welcome...there is no where on the  case back indicating where to insert a case knife....my horotec case back remover was no help in this situation either...thanks...
    • Cheers oldhippy beat me to it,  yep as old hippy says that what it does, its cheap aswell, I think I only paid a few quid for my block from cousins, you have to move the brush very fast but nice and light at the same time to get the best results, then peg out all your pivot holes.