Need help IWC Cal. 52 Mainspring

Hello,

New to the forum

I need some help I have an old IWC Cal. 52 that I really like, like 6 months ago the mainspring broke. 

So my old IWC Cal 52 watch needs a new mainspring and I haven't been able to find one.

Can you help me find someone who can sell me a new one or a similar one that might work?

I think that if I can get a similar one that my watch maker can set in the movement.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated !!

Thanks for your time.

Rodolfo

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• VWatchie I have followed Adam since his start just over a year ago.  His videos are full of information and usually diplay a full disassembly and build. What is interesting for us beiginners is that he shows screw removal and placement. Plus he talks about what he is looking for when completing the install of items. Also, he includes the errors so that we can see where not to make the same mistake.  His oiling and cleaning process has altered. Less is more, but enough to be enough.  Adam of 'Weekend watch repair' is a member of this forum and has given information freely to many. As do you members.  I am doing another build of a Seoko Mellmatic 4006, so am using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2UOIUcUEYA&t=3290s His latest shows the difference in his oil and cleaniing application.  Like him, I also have adapted. Don't have his equipment, but feature his system.  ish... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCNqdRq6mI    
    • Fantastic, thanks!    oh... and if it's not too much trouble, how long are they? I'm trying to gauge if it would work to stick them on a stake in my staking set and still have enough space to actually put in the movement (and hands)..
    • They seem to have gone to great lengths for a cheap watch. Check the crown for the broken bit being stuck inside or damaged threads after being pulled off. The un evenness of the stem end might just be the previous repairer did not tidy up the end after cutting it to size, found a few like that.
    • I think we can be fairly certain that the propper cleaning fluids and rinses would remove the rodico residue based on some of the experiments recently carried out  
    • @Malocchio @GuyMontag I received the recommended adapter and could make it work. Thanks the camera view is now going to a monitor and I am getting a memory card to be able to take pictures and videos.