Watches With A Skeleton Movement - Your Opinions?

I've frequently come across watches with skeleton movements - some original and some skeletonised - and, on the whole, am not impressed with them. They initially look very intricate and clever - quite eye-catching, even - but very often their cleverness mitigates against actually being able to tell the time easily! So, on the whole, they don't do it for me.

But am I just a mouldy old, traditionalist fig... I'd be interested in other opinions...

• Like 1

Yes, me too. I find they are mostly for looks rather than telling time, however I saw one once where there were actual numbers clearly marked as part of the glass (if I remember correctly) that approached, mind me, approached both the utilitarian function and the aesthetical fairly well. As years has gone by and my eye sight has changed (not for the better though) I tend to favor more and more "traditional" made watches....even those with eyes that tell you the month, day and date although nice to look at are becoming a pain to decipher!

But then, my kids used to play with the old Nintendo with the tiny graphics and "action characters" that I couldn't even see...and back then my vision was perfect!

Yes Will you are just a mouldy old traditionalist, then so am I almost.

Like Robert, my old eyes ain't what they used to be. I like a clear to read dial with good contrast between hands and dial.

Regarding the skeletonised movement, I would like it on the back of the watch only and visible through a display back.