Curved Watch Backs

TheFixer

They can be tricky but i've never required a specific piece for the press, you could probably appriate dies from a robur glass press if you have one. But i suggest using a normal die that rests nicely on the high points and the rest of the case back should follow, that's always been my approach, I can only think of those rectangular curved armani watches as examples though. 

Well a hard gasket is a plastic ring that fills the gap between case and case back in order to create the friction, as such there's no 'click', no great hurdle of pressure you need to overcome before anything happens, in my experience they've almost always pressed on with relative ease with my hands and thumbs. I don't know if that particular watch was just another example or if it was actually the one you were asking about, or if there was a specific one you were asking about at all. I just hope I'm being helpful and not digressive. 

Edited by Ishima

30 minutes ago, Ishima said:

Well a hard gasket is a plastic ring that fills the gap between case and case back in order to create the friction, as such there's no 'click', no great hurdle of pressure you need to overcome before anything happens, in my experience they've almost always pressed on with relative ease with my hands and thumbs. I don't know if that particular watch was just another example or if it was actually the one you were asking about, or if there was a specific one you were asking about at all. I just hope I'm being helpful and not digressive. 

Very Very helpful, the one pictured is the actual Watch but a borrowed picture.