Seiko 4R36 01J0 - Replacement Dial

You would need to try placing a special order with a Seiko service center, or you can try e.g. Cousins UK. It is easy to change but for people that has never done that before, and do not have the necessary tools is better give it to a watchmaker.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Haha ok so let us begin . Yes the oats tin is a temporary modified heat reflector/ retainer until i find something more..... lets say  " the part " looking. No not mcgyvered but an A Team special reconstructed spinney thingymabob whirlygig device.  The speed of both the drill and hairdryer are controlled by a very sophisticated and complicated piece of apparatus called a " SPEED CONTROLLER " at the extortionate price of £15.99 . No i dont need to hold anything the drill is in a cheap drill stand ( cost £5 for both from a carboot sale ) the travel on the press is 85mm which is enough to lower and raise the basket in and out of the cleaning jars. The " speed controller "  😄 is just a voltage regulator and usable on just about any electrical device to control the speed of a motor or heat output within the full range of a domestic AC electrical supply. Shellaced parts i hand clean and dry separately, i dont risk them at all, shellac will start to melt at around 65 °. The timer , yep an old Smiths timer, i think that was a quid and the white appliance is a food dehydrator, i rarely use that now, i think parts need to be dried quicker than that can achieve. I think thats covered everything.  Feel free to ask anything else. Besides the basket you are looking at around 100 quid in total for everything you see here including the ultrasonic and the dehydrator. 
    • Good then looks like the plan is a video of tear down and reassembly and lubrication of the ST36. I like the video too because I can show to my family and friends what new crazy hobby I have.
    • Great piece of kit. Is that a tin of oats? I see it looks like to be a macgyvered power drill. Nice. How did you control the speed? Don't tell me you hold it while it does all the cleaning cycles? Where did you get that nice mount and stand for the drill? Why was there a need for a step down transformer for 230V to 143V?? Does the hair dryer not get hot enough to melt the shellac on the pallet fork and such? That's a repurposed oven timer right? What's the white appliance? Cool. 
    • I had the same issue. C to CS adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FY70S4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Not sure where you're located, but your amazon link looks like a US market one, so that should work for you. I even got a 4-pack; one for each power, plus one for @gpraceman (did I give that to you already?) to complete his set. I'm not sure having one for each power is worth it, but they were cheap. 
    • Thanks OH. The name is William Burroughs, Chippenham. The brass plate is 12" across but the dial itself is 11.24" diameter. The case appears to be Oak (the hood remains at my friend's house). I can see many suspension springs on line but don't know what this one's specifications would be. Re Rochard's comnent, I could see how a chain loop could be used manually to turn a toothed day wheel but this one is toothed on the inside circumference!