Second hand tube size

Mamo

Hi guys,

I'm trying to buy the correct center second hand for my watch. First I thought it's simple now I'm not so sure anymore [emoji28].

I bought a 12.5 x 0.25 hand.

12.5 is the length from sweep second pinion center to the tip of the hand.

0.25 is the diameter of the sweep second pinion ?

In other words the inner diameter of the tube which holds the second hand ?

I never thought about the actually height of the tube. But when the hand arrived I couldn't fit it. I think the sweep second pinion is to short.

565f4f1c05b5dd6de6ff8a94a3564559.jpg

My supplier offers hands with a tube height from 0.3 to 0.7 and I'm not sure how it's measured. Is it the total height of the hand or is just the height of the "tube" underneath the hand?

And how can I actually measure if it is enough for not.

Thank you guys!

Sorry if my English is a little off, I'm hailing from Germany [emoji4]

Hi guys,

I'm trying to buy the correct center second hand for my watch. First I thought it's simple now I'm not so sure anymore [emoji28].

I bought a 12.5 x 0.25 hand.

12.5 is the length from sweep second pinion center to the tip of the hand.

0.25 is the diameter of the sweep second pinion ?

In other words the inner diameter of the tube which holds the second hand ?

I never thought about the actually height of the tube. But when the hand arrived I couldn't fit it. I think the sweep second pinion is to short.

565f4f1c05b5dd6de6ff8a94a3564559.jpg

My supplier offers hands with a tube height from 0.3 to 0.7 and I'm not sure how it's measured. Is it the total height of the hand or is just the height of the "tube" underneath the hand?

And how can I actually measure if it is enough for not.

Thank you guys!

Sorry if my English is a little off, I'm hailing from Germany [emoji4]

Your supplier should know if the measurements are total height or height of the tube ?
If it was me. I would buy the remaining set of hands. Find the one that suits the movement best and keep the rest for spares. They come in useful.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk