7750 Auto Bridge Help

GWZ

Hello All, I'm new hereand need some advice. I'm restoring an older Hamilton 17 jewel 7750. I've only worked from the 'backside' so far. Everything was going great, replaced some old parts like the chrono wheel, oscillating pinion, reversing wheel and some other parts. Now when I reassemble and fit the Auto Device Bridge things bind up. The chrono wheel and 12 hour wheel get tight. I've carefully checked the Oscillating Pinion engagement and all works perfectly until I fit the Auto Device Bridge and tighten it. Any advice? Thanks in advance. Geoff

Have you used the right screws. Make sure nothing is protruding into anything. Before fitting is all free in the auto. do you have end shake? Before screwing down make sure all is free in the auto by giving a little wind making sure no wheels are trapped and all teeth engage.   

There is a small spring that keeps the auto winding wheels from un-winding. It is the same spring that is on top of the little plate that holds the oscillating pinion. If the spring is on the wrong side of the wheel, you won't be able to wind the mvmnt.