A Day For Diantus!

Geo

Bought this watch on Fleabay not having a clue what it was..........I just liked the look of it. Advertised as not working and sold for spares or repair. Thinking that it was an old mechanical watch with classic hands and porcelain dial I just had to have it. Well I like a challenge and price of £15 I had little to lose.

Well bench cleared and tools at the ready to carry out the post mortem; I was looking forward to this!

When the watch arrived I opened the parcel and was well pleased with the look of the watch. A heavy solid build case, great looking dial but obviously not porcelain (still looks like it though) and a contra-rotating calendar in the form of small red dot behind little apertures. I initially thought that this was a 24 hour dial (I should have gone to Specsavers). I tried to wind up the watch and it wouldn't because.................it's a very early steam driven quartz!

Bugger I thought, one for the bin, but no. I put a battery in it and away she went just like a good one! So I fitted it with an inexpensive lizard strap and it looks great.

post-124-0-43007300-1399972075_thumb.jpg