Latest Additions

Nige

Hi all, not posted in a while as I have been working away,and hope this post finds you all well. I have two new watches to show you,the first is a nice Lemania ATP from eBay for £28,it had a broken balance and wrong hour hand,luckily I found a new old stock balance and its all running now,the movement is a Tissot 27A with fifteen jewels and unshocked, have fitted a new hand as well, post-849-0-96129000-1445452808_thumb.jpg post-849-0-01669100-1445452947_thumb.jpg . next up a very nice find ,a sekonda strela chronograph.always wanted one of these,and this turned up at a boot sale with broken balance, New one now fitted and all running,but could do with a clean and I've not yet plucked up the courage to start it yet.I have been studying Mark,s videos on servicing chronos but don't feel up to it yet,anyway here are some pictures.post-849-0-75378200-1445454971_thumb.jpgpost-849-0-69991400-1445455163_thumb.jpg

Hi Geo,yes I agree the Sekonda is a nice watch,it is also in very unused condition,I wonder if it got broken when quite new and never repaired.have you serviced many of these column wheel chronograph,s ? and if so any advice would be appreciated.

I've not worked on a Sekonda chronograph, but it will be similar to other column wheel movement. I suggest that you either purchase a book on servicing chronograph so, or read up about them on line before starting. There are a lot of fine adjustments that are easily messed up if you mistake eccentrics for screws.

Have a look at this set of videos Mark produced, it's not the same movement, but will give you a good idea what you will have to do.