Good morning

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Noticed this, hidden in the lot is what looks like a Robour press die set in good condition and a staking set (stakes only) which look OK:         https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296501059196?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bZu54oBPTK-&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=WLDexrgWSNe&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
    • Come on way2 play the game fella  " you get some tools so follow the rules, post em up so we all get a good look " . 😉😃 Ok it doesn't quite rhyme butbits the best i can do at short notice and 4 in the morning. 
    • A worrhy piece of information and approach for combining work and marriage Karl. My mother used to tell me how to determine if you had found the right woman " wallpaper a room together before commitment and if you can manage to do it successfully in short time and without argument then she's the one " . Maybe i should have listened, when me and my  missus do it, we need to buy extra rolls, it takes us ages and then we dont talk for days afterwards 🤣. Get those keyless parts laid out so we can all have a skeg.
    • Bridge and more reinstalled.      it lives!  But the timegrapher says it is not in very good health. And here the movement reassembled.  You can actually see that I still do not have complete control over my microscope camera, but I can project on a monitor and I end up taking pictures and video of the monitor. Somehow the camera doesn’t seem to like the SD card that I bought for it. Last bit that will be for tomorrow is figuring out how to put it back in the case. last bit that will be for tomorrow is figuring out how to put it back in the case. Somehow,  I also think that the title for this topic is completely incorrect.    It shouldn’t say service it should say disassembly and reassembly. The reason being that the movement is worse off after than before. However, I am still happy that I managed to completely disassemble it clean it not lose anything reassemble it.  I was really confused about the lubrication because the Miyota tech sheet recommends something completely different from what I am used to. Places where are I expected oil show grease. And vice versa maybe I am misreading the legend. Anyway, I probably put the wrong lubrication in the wrong place, but I still got to practice grabbing tiny drops of oils and putting them precisely where I wanted   I’ll call this one a success
    • Lovely machine. May hammer the dent out and do a restore.   Spins in a single direction and has a heater.     Super stoked to get it and a bunch of other watchmaker tools In The deal.