Gremlins wear red sweaters

Working on a ladies Seiko that is testing my patience, full service and had it running sweetly - and put it on my winder rig for a 24 hour test, but found it stopped after an hour. I took it apart and found the ubiquitous red fibre wrapped around the pivot of the escape wheel, removed and the watch is up and running again, victory! ......Then it stops again after about an hour, complete strip and notice some movement on the arbor of the barrel... hammer time.... and the watch is up and running again, victory! ......Then it stops again after about an hour. Another complete strip and clean after checking all the jewels on my new LED light box i notice a slight chip (but probably just an inclusion?), re-jewel anyway .... and the watch is up and running again, victory! ......Then it stops again after about an hour.... Top up swear jar, have an argument with Mrs W. and then watch crap TV for the rest of the day.

But I got to wondering, where do those red fibres come from??? I do not wear red or have any red rags or cleaning cloths etc... conclusion is that watch gremlins wear red sewaters ->

image.png.c7af47d40713795694955d3c2d9f0729.png

Edited by Waggy
  • Haha 4

• Waggy changed the title to Gremlins wear red sweaters