Hello, I have a citizen WR200 mono block watch and the rechargeable cell has given up the ghost. The only access  to the battery is apparently through the front of the watch. Has anyone attempted successfully to open one of these watches and if so how???. 
Or can anyone direct me to any kind of instructions that would help.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Richard, OK attached photos. The bezel comes away very easily with the spring. this leaves a trough  around the crystal assembly, I have tried various methods to get a purchase on what looks to be the crystal assembly but just end up gauging the metal and I am beginning to think that a special tool is required before I cause to much damage.
Can you link me to the videos you mention.

Cheers

Andrew

c 2 (2).jpg

c 2 (1).jpg

c 3.jpg

OK thanks, I have tried to insert my Swiss army knife blade here but there is no penetration that I can determine and of course the blade is far to flimsy to get anything like a good leverage going.
There must be a pry tool out there that I can find. I shall keep you posted and thanks for your time.

Cheers

Andrew 

46 minutes ago, Angefoh said:

OK thanks, I have tried to insert my Swiss army knife blade here but there is no penetration that I can determine and of course the blade is far to flimsy to get anything like a good leverage going.
There must be a pry tool out there that I can find. I shall keep you posted and thanks for your time.

Cheers

Andrew 

Use a razor blade. SAKs not thin enough

• Like 1

OK I successfully used a Stanley knife blade and have removed the mechanism. Sadly this is only half the battle as the whole back/battery compartment seems to be completely covered by a metal plate. I have removed 3 obvious screws to try to remove this plate but it is not moving. I have a feeling that I need to remove the watch face to access several clips that are in place.
I have a feeling that I may end up without this watch. More later.

Onward and sideways

Andrew