Angelus carriage clock restored

I've been working on an old Angelus carriage clock recently. It arrived as a non-runner with a mangled hairspring and broken mainspring and needed some TLC.  Project completed, full strip, clean and overhaul.  Case restored and polished.  Running like a charm.

IMG_1738.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

Edited by MikeEll
Added pics
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Welcome to the forum, enjoy.. Normally if a hand wound watch does not fully wind ie just keeps winding there is an error with mainspring, either slipping around its winding arbour or the mainspring is broken. 
    • Most all my 404 candidates are coming from swap meets and "antiques fairs". One more $4US plus battery and elbow grease. Unnamed digital on a decent ss bracelet. Gains 10 seconds a day so not that accurate...
    • I voted.for the 6.99 assuming £, which works out to $8.74US at the current exchange rate.
    • £4.04 originally worked out to $5, or thereabouts accounting for currency fluctuations. Inflation calculator from 2020 (when the thread was started, though not when Andy coined the term) says we're looking at $6 currently. What currency is the 6.99 inflation adjusted figure cited in the poll? $6 may still seem restrictive, but don't forget that's part of the point. It's a challenge. Thrill of the hunt and all. Diamonds in the rough. Also, and my personal angle on the game, a fun and inexpensive way to learn watchmaking skills.
    • Hey guys. I'm currently having trouble with my handwound Hamilton Khaki Mechanical with the H-50 movement. I usually give it a full wind when I take it out of the box (which if I remember correctly was around 45 winds) Then I would rewind it in the morning which usually took 12-15 winds. When I feel resistance I stop winding - that's what my watchmaker told me and what I read and hear online all the time. Well, all of a sudden my watch doesn't reach that point of resistance anymore! I can keep winding as if it was an automatic movement. The watch is still running pretty well at -10s/d Now, without having opened it I wonder what could be the problem here. I have a hunch that my son might have taken the watch and overwound it while I was not looking but in that case - how is the watch still running? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I'm fairly new to the watch repair hobby and I'm not sure I want to try my hands on this watch – I'm still not done butchering my first project…