Westclox Pocket Ben

I’m super pleased with myself. After a week of learning about this watch and struggling through its repair (it’s the first watch I’ve ever worked on, I’m a beginner), it lives!

I bought it a new crystal and had to replace the train of wheels but it’s keeping time like a champ (so far). I had some trouble with it stopping intermittently and I believe it was due to the hands being too tight. It took me a while to get it right. The crown wheel was also impossible to turn and after comparing it to other crown wheels of the same watch, found it was practically flat.

It was a good learning experience and helped me work on my tweezer and loupe etiquette. 🙂

image.thumb.jpg.842b5c15d8051749b4c2820076c72b00.jpg

Edited by Maianja
Spelling
  • Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 12:02 AM, oldhippy said:

Good for you we all have to start with something. Tweezer and loupe etiquette soon comes so will using your screw drivers. What will be your next project? try to keep it simple. 

I have a couple watches from the late 1800s but I think I'll wait to work on them until I build some confidence and knowledge under my belt. They're so beautiful, I'd hate to ruin them. I have a Seagull ST36 knockoff that was recommended to use in the WatchFix Lessons. I think I'll take it apart and build it back up a few times now. 🙂