Omega 30T2 Balance - Timing Screw Adjustment Question

I've got an Omega 30T2 movement that I'm currently working on.  I just had a question regarding the mean time screws.  Since this movement doesn't appear to have the longer mean time screws, would the only way to adjust timing (outside of the regulator arm) be to use spacers/washers on these screws if I needed to slow it down?  I would then assume that there really isn't a way to speed it up (outside of removing material) since there isn't room for any of these screws to travel inwards  I'm not concerned too much about it on my watch as I'll be able to make all adjustments through the regulating arm, but I was just curious since I noticed this balance did not have the mean time screws I'm accustomed to seeing.

image.thumb.png.2b417651567e5aca822e1562061e0697.png

Update, I cannot seem to find where to delete this thread.  I suppose it's not an option.  Please disregard, it took a total of 2 minutes of searching for me to find the answer to my question, haha!  I suppose I should've known already, but sometimes you forget things you learned a long time ago and don't use that often!  Mods please feel free to delete this thread if necessary.

Edited by thor447

we don't need to delete the discussion because someone else might stumble across this and that might help them out some day.

Then as you discovered not all balance wheels have mean time screws. Typically with anything vintage in a balance wheel there were timing screws to match the balance wheel and or hairspring together. Typically with an over coil hairspring like you have they would match the balance wheel to the hairspring. This would allow you to pre-make the hairspring to exacting specifications. Then the factory had a infinite supply of different size screws to do the matching.

Then yes you can make the balance wheel heavier with timing washers under the screws. Then is a variety ways to lighten the screws the preferred is an undercut which removes weight from the backside's is not visible versus all the other ways that tend to be visible and make the watch looked really bad. Oh and then depending upon the group you're looking at a lot of people frown upon undercutting the screws except if the balance wheel is too heavy that's what you have to do. But normally wouldn't have to do anything if the watch is all original it's only when that changes to visit typically become an issue.