Hi folks, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on this form discussing watch repair. I’ve had some issues with an old Waltham Pocket Watch I’m servicing where I think that there could be a problem with the banking pins and the run between the banking pins and the pallet fork. This is an old type pallet fork as this watch comes from the 1800s. I was wondering whether I should go ahead and adjust the banking pins and perhaps get better amplitude and perhaps also fix the problem of the impulse jewel, ending up in the wrong side of the pallet fork.

and his suggestions would be appreciated. I just put up a video under my channel showing the technique use for loosening a tight canon pinion. And I realize as I was assembling the watch that it really wasn’t getting the amplitude that it got when I shipped it out to the customer first time. He must’ve shaken the watch or something to get the impulse to be in the wrong side of the pallet fork. So again will adjusting the banking pin, solve this problem, and perhaps give me more amplitude. 

Thanks again for all your supportive of the years and especially old hippie