No idea where to find this shock spring

So I pinged one of these from cheap chinese watch and completely lost it.  According to the wiki, this is a DDR shock spring but I have looked all over my usual part suppliers (Cousins, Ofrei, Daves, Perrin, Borel) to no avail.  Any ideas on where else I could check?  

image.png.94b85e203c3e86b0ed7cde70ba375ebe.png

I agree, this is what I would normally do as well.  Since this is a chinese movement with no indication of caliber/manufacturer, it will probably end up as a donor.  Before that, I think I just may try to fit a different style spring that is close to the same size.  If I had the time to really research it, maybe I could find out what type of movement it was cloned from.

Hello @pent,

these are shock springs from the formerly communist East Germany. "DDR" (in Wikipedia) stands for Deutsche Demokratische Republik or German "Democratic" Republic (GDR). 

East German watchmaking was mostly located in the famous town of Glashütte that is today still known for brands like Lange & Söhne, Nomos and Glashütte Original.

During the communist regime, all these old German watchmaking companies were integrated into a state owned enterprise called "GUB" (Glashütter Uhrenbetriebe= Glashütte Watch Enterprises). 

Long story short, you can relatively easily and cheaply find donor movements with that shock spring type if you search eBay for "GUB movement" e.g. cal 69, 70, 09-20. Just have a close look, some of them also have Inca shock springs (maybe the newer ones).

Best regards,

CK

• Like 1