3mm vs 4mm Horia clone jeweling tool

Quick question,

can someone explain what the practical difference is between a Horia jeweling tool clone with 3mm pushers vs 4mm pushers?

I want to purchase one and am not clear what difference there is from a usability perspective.  

thanks in advance 

levine98

Is there such a thing as a 3mm clone? I thought they were all 4mm. Some real Horias are 3mm. It's just the diameter of the base of the pusher/stump. I don't think there's any practical difference. Whatever you buy make sure it's 4mm so you can use new Seitz pushers if needed, they are 4mm and can be used with 4mm "Horia".

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Malocchio said:

Is there such a thing as a 3mm clone? I thought they were all 4mm. Some real Horias are 3mm. It's just the diameter of the base of the pusher/stump. I don't think there's any practical difference. Whatever you buy make sure it's 4mm so you can use new Seitz pushers if needed, they are 4mm and can be used with 4mm "Horia".

Thanks, The tool came today and I must admit I'm impressed with the quality for $115 US. I've already used it to move a jewel .13mm (center wheel too tight on an eta 2472). Worked as advertised. Thrilled not to have to purchase a donor movement.

To your point, both pushers and anvils are 4mm.

Jay (levine98)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1