Cock jewel removal from New-York Standard pocket watch

Hello,  it might be really easy to remove the jewels from the balance cock of a New York standard pocket watch,  grade 81 model 2 ( the other grdes of New York standard have the same setting.) The cock is splt on top and the jewel fits in a horizontal slit in the cock. Do you Pry it out ? Is it easypeasy?

One of the problems in watch repair is we tend to be visually oriented. This means when asking a question it's always helpful to give pictures. Because while we probably will not recognize the model number at all often times we look at the picture will say all you do this versus Having no idea at all what you're talking about.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I don’t know if these pics will help to figure this out but it’s just a bit more information to consider.  Here are pics of the crown, stem and case opening.  Let me know what you think.  That opening looks perfectly round.  Thanks.
    • Hi All,   I am New to the community of Omega 1010. recently i bought tow 1010 movement watches. but found few issues of having 2 jewels missing as per the image. can any body guide me how to get these jewels and what is their ref#. I am thankful to everyone in the community for being part of this hobby and passion, finally i found a place to find the answers of issue related to omega. I know this is not the proper thread to ask my question, but it is taking to my nerves to the get answer. apologies in advance Regards, Usman Ijaz  
    • This looks like your movement. https://ranfft.org/caliber/2336-Damas-185-hunter-Beguelin-BTC No, sorry not quite the same, should have been this one. https://ranfft.org/caliber/2334-Damas-185-open-face-Beguelin-BTC
    • The case back can be removed but you shouldn't need too to replace the battery. Was there any signs of corrosion from the old battery and what new battery are you using?  
    • Hi everyone.... hopefully someone will be able to kindly help me with a Damas pocket watch I am trying to restore? It came to me in not too bad a state but it had the inevitable broken balance staff. I thought hey this will be easy, look up damas, find the calibre, look up the balance staff and replace it...bingo....how wrong could I have been! There's not really a lot of info about regarding these watches. I learnt that Damas is a trade name of Beguelin and they made a few different 19ligne watches. Mine measures 18.5 lignes which I found strange as I always thought GSTP watches were 19 lignes(urban myth??) It has the same bridge layout as a calibre 9 but the click spring and keyless works are different. I'm guessing there must be a load of these watches about and someone knows the history and ultimately what calibre was used?? So my learned friends what calibre is this Damas watch so I can ultimately find a balance staff to fit it? Thanks  Alun