AS 1712/13

Hello all

Working on a wonderful watch. Bulova Caravelle which has movement AS 1712/13. 

Having a great time. I've disassembled the watch with only 2 'pings', both collected, so all there. I've vidoed all the disassembly so I know where everything goes, Except ..... The Automatic winding unit is two plates press fitted. I pressed the plates and the unit separated, The internal parts were displaced and I did not see where all went.

I've looked on Rafft for the AS1712 and it shows the movement information, But there is no display of the automatic winding.

Anyone know where I can find an exploded diagram of the AS1712/3.

Thank you

Ross

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

Update. Like to tell people of my activities. This one is an ongoing failure. Will not let it defeat me.

I have build and rebuilt this watch over 5 times. There appears to be no quick set facility for the day or date. I can get everything working. Wind though 12 for hours and date and day change crisply. However If I needed to move the day, say from 1st to 31st, then I need to wind it 24hrs x30 to get there. No quick set for day. 

I've looked at all the Youtubers who do this watch and do exactly as them, same parts used. None missing. None demonstrate the quick set options. Everything done is the same way. At my wit's end. 

I have sent for a donor movement that shows day and date on the dial.  When it arrives I will do a full photographic dissemble.

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar

Looking at the second video, as they check the date change 11 to 12 - it appears they wind the time back again, and the date ring kicks slightly but stays on 12?

Is the "quickset" done just by setting back and forward near midnight, to repeatedly trigger the date advance?

Other than that, it looks like the keyless works only has two positions, for winding and time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Razz said:

Try going back to 8pm (instead of 9) to initiate the quickset, I found that to work on some models.

18 hours ago, rjenkinsgb said:

Looking at the second video, as they check the date change 11 to 12 - it appears they wind the time back again, and the date ring kicks slightly but stays on 12?

Is the "quickset" done just by setting back and forward near midnight, to repeatedly trigger the date advance?

Other than that, it looks like the keyless works only has two positions, for winding and time.

It's not often you are wrong. But you are both right again. Inexperience rules.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and advise.

Ross.

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar, more information
  • Like 2