Pulsar digital watch Y799-5039

Hi all,

First, I'm new to watch repair so I know nothing whatsoever. Just floundering through this.

That said, I bought a digital watch, Pulsar Y799-5039 (can't find much info on the model at all online).

The watch is aesthetically as new, even had the plastic 'water resistant' clip on sign on the band. I opened it up and the battery inside had leaked and was stained with corrosion, but the parts of the module that I could see all looked to be in perfect condition still. I put in a new battery and nothing. I did scrub the battery connection terminals a little but that didn't help.

Anyone have any next steps I can take? Are there 'typical reasons' why a watch would not work from the outset? I'm wondering if it's as easy as some little tab of paper or something I need to pull or remove to get the ball rolling, as it all looks so pristine inside.

Pitctures attached.

*EDIT - also added a picture of the front of the module as I'm wondering if there's something missing there, zebra strips or a polarising film or something like that...

pulsar Y799-5039.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

Edited by marktheshark

when the battery leaked how far did it get like into the module itself? The chemicals in the battery are not good and if they get into the module that would be a serious problem. Then notice the word I'm using module. then typically nobody ever fixed these way back when they came out it would've been a replacement module.

But YouTube is very popular for learning watch repair here's a channel on fixing it LCD watches may be confined something here. Then I have no preference as to what is good or bad I just googled repairing LCD digital watches and this was the first one that came up they seems that a lot of videos. So obviously there should be more videos on repairing digital watches out.

https://www.youtube.com/@VintageDigitalWatches/videos