They are pretty easy to fully strip down Richard. I stripped them, cleaned up the fingers with 0000 steel wool and put the parts in the US. When i lubricated them I just used a small paintbrush (artists) with dielectric grease. It’s what I had on hand doing custom keyboards for the stabiliser’s so it has no detrimental effect on rubber or plastic.

Tom

IMG_0166.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I have received my crystal lift, the gasket is shot but that's an easy fix.  It's quite dirty, I'm considering putting it in the ultrasonic, any reason why I shouldn't?  Once clean does it need oiling and if so any particular oil? 

20230923_123156.jpg

Some had a  thick rubber others a spring. Its just to pull the jaws out when you  unwind. Cousins sell the spring, the spring on mine had set so i just wrapper a thick rubber band around a few times. Its be fine for over a year with my bodgy repair antics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Some had a  thick rubber others a spring. Its just to pull the jaws out when you  unwind. Cousins sell the spring, the spring on mine had set so i just wrapper a thick rubber band around a few times. Its be fine for over a year with my bodgy repair antics. 

I'm laughing because next time I order from cousins, I'll buy the correct rubber but in the I've done the same.  An elastic band and its working fine. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I'm laughing because next time I order from cousins, I'll buy the correct rubber but in the I've done the same.  An elastic band and its working fine. 

When it comes to the Yorkshireman,  the tradition of ingenuity preceeds the spending of money is instilled from birth. Spend nowt unless yas av ta. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

It will likely be the cheapest Bergeon thing you will ever get, grab it quickly before it gets really expensive!😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Good to know. I'll remember this when (if) mine needs repair. Just love the DIY in the forum.

• Like 1