Emporio Armani AR-2411 | How to remove the watch glass(crystal)

Hello,

Good day. I am looking to remove the watch glass so that I can retrieve the dial and fixed in a new quartz internal movement. I can't seem to remove the glass and it can only be removed from the front. 

I tried using an air pump(bicycle wheel pump) to remove the glass. The back cover pop out instead. I did a couple of trial and error and the back cover came out each time.  

There is a visible bezel on the front. I tried using a jack knife / Stanley knife over it and it don't seemed to come off.  

The glass is nicely fitted in to the watch. I am unsure if the crystal lift would help as crystal crawls is unable to hold on to the glass. 

Any advice on how to remove the glass ? Does someone has a previous experience handling this watch ? 

Appreciate your thoughts and advice. 

Thanks,

NT

1694269610661.jpg

1694269610645.jpg

1694269610627.jpg

21 hours ago, NTNT said:

Hello,

Good day. I am looking to remove the watch glass so that I can retrieve the dial and fixed in a new quartz internal movement. I can't seem to remove the glass and it can only be removed from the front. 

I tried using an air pump(bicycle wheel pump) to remove the glass. The back cover pop out instead. I did a couple of trial and error and the back cover came out each time.  

There is a visible bezel on the front. I tried using a jack knife / Stanley knife over it and it don't seemed to come off.  

The glass is nicely fitted in to the watch. I am unsure if the crystal lift would help as crystal crawls is unable to hold on to the glass. 

Any advice on how to remove the glass ? Does someone has a previous experience handling this watch ? 

Appreciate your thoughts and advice. 

Thanks,

NT

1694269610661.jpg

1694269610645.jpg

1694269610627.jpg

I had the same problem yesterday with a very tight caseback on a caravelle. My standard case opener nope , a bezel remover nope, a thin flat blade from a craft knife nope. A new single sided razor blade found the gap and lifted enough to use the standard to pop the bonnet.  Sometimes you just need the thinnest edge you can find.

Thanks for all your inputs guys.  An update, I tried using the Stanley knife and the one sided razor to remove the bezel with no success. But I read from another post in this forum that another person manage to remove the bezel of this brand of similar watches using the Stanley knife.  

I decided to give up (due to cost and time). As your hand might be hurt by the Stanley knife in the progress, you risk scratching the metals parts of the watch and time and patience is needed to testing out/figuring out a quartz watch. The watch is light weight, looks attractive and shiny for sure.  Changing the internal movements and setting up the watch hands is a standard procedure. 

Perhaps anyone looking at changing this watch glass might consider:

1) using the watch press to break and replace with a new glass (cost is affordable).

2) using the sharp blade and hammer on the bezel

3) using the bezel removing tool as suggested by Hector above. 

The community here is kind and responsive. Cheers for all the advises

Have a good run at 2023 🙂

Edited by NTNT
edited for positivity
  • Like 1