Oh What a Weekend!!! 😭

What a disaster of a weekend!

Strike 1) Finished working on a quartz Rotary, polished up the case, new crystal. Battery arrived via Amazon.... What could go wrong??? Thing just wouldn't work.......

Strike 2) worked on a Sekonda, all going well, but rate was crazy high... Cleaned the balance, demagnatized...etc...turned the adjustment as low as it could go....still >+300 s/day, put to one side while I wait for inspiration!

Strike 3) have a beautiful Tissot with a blue dial, serviced the movement and looking great. Was a front loader so installed the new crystal after the watch/dial/hans installed....crystal jumps out and huge gouge out of that dial, about 1cm long down to bare metal...wife comes to find out why I'm having a tantrum in the floor like a 3 year old at Tesco.

Hopefully that's all my bad luck used up for September... Hopefully

• Sad 3

Sorry Waggy- sometimes bad news comes in threes. Hopefully you’ve got them all out of the way now…

…my weekend wasn’t so bad. I had a stud screw escape the balance cock in the wash. I’ve been meaning to have spares on hand so cousins in all their efficiency dispatched the pocket watch stud screws what made it to my cart by mistake. Second time’s the charm…

…setting that one aside I decided to open up a non- runner, hoping to see a high end ETA inside…

IMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.11c09425ab5d0f262de7b64ef679e329.jpeg

..good news is I think I saw where Mark has lovely video servicing one of these. Despite his ‘don’t try this at home’ disclaimer I may give it a go…