Porsche Design Chrono Troubles

ahabec

Hi, I hope this is the right part of the forum.

So this client just bought a second hand Porsche Design chrono for not a little bit of money and... he went to the pool with the crown not screwed in.

Most of the watch was salvage-able, but in the chrono module a wheel which has a long shaft and connects to top and bottom of the module - in charge of advancing the date ring - rusted to breaking point.

From the little internet research I did, these modules are sold as complete units, not meant to be taken apart. Thanks to the Watch Repair Channel's recent video, I was confident enough to take it apart anyway. But this wheel is buggered.

Can anyone point me to where the module can be bought? The movement is called 2894-2 but I am certain I think the module is made by Dubois Depraz.

ALSO: I am fixing a similar looking chrono from Breitling, this time the base movement is 2892, and in this case I am indeed certain the module is from Dubois Depraz. Also - where can one finds this module? it's not in front of me at the moment but as far as I recall its number is 2306.

There, a wheel that transfers power from the gear train (and also one I think is friction fit and not meant to be removed) has about 5-6 consecutive teeth worn away almost completely.

Any help will be appreciated, I know these modules are not cheap, but the clients will pay their cost, since the watches are even less not cheap ;-)

Thanks!

Thanks, I cannot believe they don't even sell the module without the base unit. Even when the base unit also contains some modifications to have the module fitted on it.

Anyone know of a place to get just the module?