At one time I bought some Diafix cap jewels (Cousins, maybe?) but I can no longer find anyone who is carrying the little devils. The part number is 0011206. Cousins says this particular number is no longer supplied by the manufacturer,  but I  was wondering if there was a new number, or if Seiko/SII/TMI  is even suppling these parts anymore. 

On 8/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, dadistic said:

At one time I bought some Diafix cap jewels (Cousins, maybe?) but I can no longer find anyone who is carrying the little devils. The part number is 0011206. Cousins says this particular number is no longer supplied by the manufacturer,  but I  was wondering if there was a new number, or if Seiko/SII/TMI  is even suppling these parts anymore. 

Hi David, I love your signature, and if it didn't say "David" in it, I might have stolen it for myself. It's a topic I have wanted to ask about here, about discipline, organization and structure re: watch collection, watch repair and studying the course material here. I am only up to parts of the movement, and I just keep doing that one chapter over because somehow my mind goes off  wandering on that one lol. Tips appreciated!

And I do have some/many NOS Diafix jewels but do not know which watches they work on. If you get stuck I will send a pic and you can let me know 

4 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Well, I see John-who-knows-everything might already have you sorted out. 🤩 Thank you John

Does anyone know good non-Seiko replacements for Seiko diashock cap jewels? I have used Inca 122.11 which is the closest size I've come up with. Cousins don't sell the og Seiko one. They do sell complete diashock settings though in several sizes, haven't looked into them yet. The diafix jewels I've worked with haven't had any pitting so need for replacement.

Thanks @JohnR725, I didn't get very far with Jules Borel because the database lookup was broken when I checked. I'm OK with the jewels, and I'm glad because I'm not sure I'd want to  pay 10.75 for a lousy cap jewel.  I just like to check suppliers when I get into a spot of bother,  just in case I need to get parts.  Diafix jewels and springs are very good little flyers, and I like to have a few around just in case. This last time I was cleaning the cap jewels in an alcohol cup with One-Dip in it, and one of them just disappeared.  I have no clue how it could have leapt out of a fluid filled glass jar, but one second it was there, and the next second it was not 🙂

Oh well, old eyes I guess. 

Cheers!

22 minutes ago, dadistic said:

I didn't get very far with Jules Borel because the database lookup was broken when I checked

you'll notice that I didn't use the database which looks like it's now fixed again. I just entered the Seiko part number and did a search for that.

On 8/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, dadistic said:

I was curious about something the part number and I went to the database except I realize you have given us a model number. So I went to Seiko look for something, and like 6106 and got this 0011210  JEWEL, DIASHOCK CAP. It appears to be that they have more than one size I guess? And of course this is a little bit cheaper

http://www.julesborel.com/s.nl/it.A/id.21889/.f

• 2 weeks later...