I Need My Watch Regulating...

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob, unfortunately I live in the same town as Mark and he must have me on ignore as my previous PM's have gone unanswered... :thumbsd:

Geo, the movement is an ETA 2846-02, the watch came from Eddie Platts a few years back and has never been serviced, I noticed the stem has some corrosion on it so I'm thinking a good service will be good for it. it was loosing a few seconds a day (had it gained a few secs I could have lived with it) when I moved the lever, now it looses 2/3 minutes every hour, I can check it if it helps.. :beerhat:

I really like the watch too, I bought it for my son but he is a car tech and can do severe damage to watches quite quickly... :D

Nigel...

That's a huge amount Nigel, I assume that moving the regulator back to the original position did not correct it for some reason.

Given that it is a few years old and has never been service, I strongly suggest that you arrange to have it properly serviced rather than merely adjusted.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Ha ha, reminds me of this: "Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd pi$$ my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic."
    • Hello and welcome to the forum. Added a little help for you . TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf
    • Hi @VWatchie - I have model of this Mondaine quartz watch in my collection, just a smaller size. I bought it many years ago, new.  I wonder if  the crystal on your watch is original?  My original crystal was entirely flat.  I scratched it at one stage and replaced it.  There is a dealer located in the UK who sells replacement crystals for Mondaine on the big E - I bought mine from him.  If you PM me, I’m happy to forward the listing details - he may keep different sizes for the Mondaine range?.  The replacement he sent to me was a perfect replacement for the original.   On a side note, the Ronda movement in these is very easy and fun to work on.  They’re also very cheap to replace.  I learnt a lot about the big date complication when the smaller date wheel spring mechanism malfunctioned and the date changing stopped. I stripped down the movement and it went back together very smoothly and continues to work perfectly.  I like the streamlined aesthetic of the Mondiane line.  I also have one of their big date mechanical movements which runs on an SW200-1. The crystal on that is also perfectly flat, btw.   Cheers, John
    • I have a DIY version, it’s a voice coil from a 300mb disc drive and a vdu transformer , when you put the tweezers in they vibrate like a tuning fork  and come out clean. Could get an engine block in.
    • the arbor square out of place and mainspring thickness/height is what I would double check on this model....