Free hand staking

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hello,  have a Weishi 1000 timegrapher.  I am pretty clear with the basic operations (after all I can read the manual and watch videos). However there are things I still don’t understand.  If you see the attached picture I am clear with the meaning of the first line of values (rate, amplitude, beat error, frequency+lift angle) what I don’t understand is what are the numbers below ( in the picture a bunch of +4).  Also how to interpret the actual graph is a mistery. What is it actually showing?  What does the line angle mean. The one in the picture (st36 brand new and not in a case) has some periodic one pixel wiggles then very straight line then one pixel wiggles. Is it good, bad, normal?  I am pretty clear that if the reading is wild it is bad. But otherwise no idea how to interpret it. 
    • I don't think the younger generation is trashing the watches they find. They don't have a ton of disposable income, so I'm pretty sure they're selling them off. There's always some arbitrage, but it's hard to imagine even the most ignorant and callous sock drawer digger throwing out something like that. I think they're coming back in style. Demand side increase. Sorta like vinyl. Most people wear iWatches/stream music. The sentimental/nerdy types wear a proper watch/listen to vinyl. CDs exist for music that wasn't ever pressed or just to catch some of the mass market; everything new is either streamed or vinyl. Watches are going the same way; quartz is for that range of years where it was what was found in the high end stuff (though I'm pretty certain mechanical was king even then), but it's really only for if you really want that very specific watch. Otherwise, it's just to pick up the bottom of the market that is still spending money. The people who are actually interested are buying mechanical, because it's what's actually interesting and engaging. Unfortunately, the new market is big bucks. Vintage is half the price with 70% the cache. More if you're suitably intentional and picky with your buys.  That's admittedly a bit of speculation... I'm cloistered up here in my mountain hideout, and avoid other people as much as I can get away with...
    • Scientists are actually studying the use of modified ricin as a cancer drug.
    • I'm a teetotaler. Many members of my family are alcohol intolerant.  When I was a baby, my parents gave me a teaspoon of Woodwards Gripe Water and I turned cherry red and passed out for a day. They rushed me to the doctor the next morning and he had a good laugh. Those were the days when baby formulations contained alcohol. I remember watching a darts competition where one of the contestants said that a certain level of alcohol is needed to calm the nerves and stop the shakes. I wonder if that works in watchmaking. 🤔