The corroded battery snapped a piece of my watch

Hi, I wonder if anyone has any advice.

I brought a watch from ebay that I love. When I got it I removed the battery as it was not working. The battery came out corroded with white leakage and with a piece of metal that was key to the battery circuit was stuck to the battery and severed from the rest of the metal strip it was on (The pieces that came out are on the black tape on the right of the photo and they were where the red mark is on the watch). I know the watch works as when I pressed the battery abainst the other piece (now also on the black tape but was initially attatched to the watch back) the watch worked. I tried to add a metal piece to make the small piece of metal that was still attatched to the watch longer so the battery could sit in the watch and work. Unfortunately in my attempt to lengthen that metal piece also snapped off.

I hope all that makes sense? I wonder if anyone knows if this is fixable and if it is how?

Thanks so much

watch back1.jpg