Is there an etachron stud twisting tool that fits seiko studs?

1 hour ago, Klassiker said:

Where did you get this information, and can you please link to the video? In any case, that isn't what the graphics posted by John are describing.

I didn't say it was. I was saying what I experienced last night was pretty much exactly what's in johns chart.

And here's hte video it very likely doesn't say that. I watched it some time ago when i knew even less than i do now and probably misinterpreted what he was doing and i can' tbe bothered to watch the whole thing agian right now but it's pretty neat having him demonstrate while it's on the timegrapher in positions the effect of fine tuning the regulator pins

3 hours ago, Birbdad said:

I didn't say it was.

OK, my mistake. I interpreted "I had heard that closing the regulator pins lowers amplitude..." to mean that you understood (from some unspecified source as well as the video you linked to) that closing the regulator pins lowers the amplitude, and that John's post confirmed this for you.

Thanks for the link to the video. It's a shame you can't be bothered to watch it again. Mr. Michaels does a good job of explaining the effects of closing and opening the regulating pins, and he has made a neat modification to his Etachron tool. At no point does he close the pins in order to reduce amplitude.

At the end of the video he shows the insides of a Lange & Sohne, which is a rare sight indeed.

40 minutes ago, Klassiker said:

OK, my mistake. I interpreted "I had heard that closing the regulator pins lowers amplitude..." to mean that you understood (from some unspecified source as well as the video you linked to) that closing the regulator pins lowers the amplitude, and that John's post confirmed this for you.

Thanks for the link to the video. It's a shame you can't be bothered to watch it again. Mr. Michaels does a good job of explaining the effects of closing and opening the regulating pins, and he has made a neat modification to his Etachron tool. At no point does he close the pins in order to reduce amplitude.

At the end of the video he shows the insides of a Lange & Sohne, which is a rare sight indeed.

Also watched the video which i thought was good. I did notice at the beginning though i thought a little confusion could be made regarding truing and poising. The mention of adding the roller table would affect truing, when i thought poising would be more affected. But possibly both.

12 hours ago, Klassiker said:

Oh i'm totally watching it again before the next time i adjust a movement which will probably be this weekend. I was just working on a watch atm doing other things and didn't want to stop and watch a whole 40 minute video just to see if my almost certainly false interpretation was correct.. it's saved in my watchmaker stuff youtube playlist for a reason.

This movement (Which i can't even use in my current project i'm annoyed af to say. Clearance issue with the oem seiko case i got for it.) was the first time i've had to go in and adjust the etachron system and it wasn't as scary as i thought and i'm actually really excited to dig a bit further into that subject since I apparetnly now have to build a 7s26 to finish this damn project.

Edited by Birbdad

5 hours ago, Birbdad said:

didn't want to stop and watch a whole 40 minute video

If you are pushed for time, just watch from about 17:00 to 27:00, which is where he does the Etachron adjustments. He works fast and imparts a lot of information in those ten minutes, so take time to pause and repeat, or watch twice.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2023 at 7:10 AM, JohnFrum said:

Have no idea if any fit but AliExpress has three of different sizes for 20 USD

618AC334-D9B8-42D0-AD4D-505C0C73C963.thumb.png.acea80288b354bbd3a5b67aa0d12942e.png

Watch Movement Stud Balance Screwdriver Watches Repair Tool for Citizen Women and ETA 2828 2834 2836

Finally got a set of these. The 0.8 fits the Seiko Etachron studs

Edited by JohnFrum
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 5:10 AM, JohnFrum said:

Have no idea if any fit but AliExpress has three of different sizes for 20 USD

618AC334-D9B8-42D0-AD4D-505C0C73C963.thumb.png.acea80288b354bbd3a5b67aa0d12942e.png

Watch Movement Stud Balance Screwdriver Watches Repair Tool for Citizen Women and ETA 2828 2834 2836

Hey you got a link for these bud? i can't seem to find them.
EDIT: nm, found em. ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Birbdad