Here's one I haven't seen before. The links have a little arrow, which makes me think I should push out that piece, but I can't get it to go further than the top one in the picture. I just broke my poor spring bar tool trying to pry it out.

Before I apply excessive force, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this style of link before, and if this is correct--i.e. is the arrow saying "this is the way to remove the link"?

20221213_121015.thumb.jpg.fd3d6c85689efca4c7fe14039eb3208d.jpg

2 hours ago, ManSkirtBrew said:

Here's one I haven't seen before. The links have a little arrow, which makes me think I should push out that piece, but I can't get it to go further than the top one in the picture. I just broke my poor spring bar tool trying to pry it out.

Before I apply excessive force, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this style of link before, and if this is correct--i.e. is the arrow saying "this is the way to remove the link"?

20221213_121015.thumb.jpg.fd3d6c85689efca4c7fe14039eb3208d.jpg

Seiko braclet ? Yes mate correct the pin removal direction is to follow the arrow. You just have to get the round lip past the end of link. Push against the round lip from the inside of the link, not usually tight.

16709620101435075783495419571761.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

They resemble a pair of pliers with one jaw thin to engage the piece and the other is flat to engage the bracelet edge it is possible to adapt a pair of small pliers.

That's what I imagined they'd be. I'll look around, thank you.

I just took a look at the bracelet, and the bump on the pin made a dome-shaped groove in the side of the link on the way out! No wonder I'm having so much trouble.

20221213_165640.thumb.jpg.cd8af8ab4759ba8203523c8f30f1e8c1.jpg