Where can I purchase a removable link screw for my Casio MDV-301D's bracelet? (preferably Aliexpress or simillar chinese website)

6 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

SG$ 2.06  39%OFF | 360pcs 6mm-23mm Watch Band Link Cotter Pin Stainless Steel Watch Bracelet Strap Link Pins Cotter Bar Assortment Watch Repair Acc
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqVcQB0

Try AliExpress. 

Hey, thank you for putting in the effort to try and help me.

I did see this listing in Aliexpress before, however I am kind of scared that the pins will not fit my watch. The reason being is that the open end of the pins on the Aliexpress listing, just seem too big to me and I know it's written that their diameter is 0.9mm but they seem quite bulkier in the photos. I don't know whether that is because of the zoom or the camera they used.

I am a complete newbie in watch repair, I would really really appreciate your opinion on this.

I also have been offered to purchase the exact same pins from here:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/0090mm-split-pins-by-size?code=P7890P

One more thing that concerns me too, is if 0.9mm will do the job, what if my actual size is 1.0mm, will that matter?

12 hours ago, whph4evr said:

if 0.9mm will do the job, what if my actual size is 1.0mm, will that matter?

You really need a more accurate way to measure the diameter. If the size you need is 1.0mm, then a 0.9mm pin will not do. Get your hands on a cheap set of calipers or a micrometer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Klassiker said:

You really need a more accurate way to measure the diameter. If the size you need is 1.0mm, then a 0.9mm pin will not do. Get your hands on a cheap set of calipers or a micrometer.

This difference will make a difference.  The effort to measure exactly is worth it as a link fail may cost you the watch. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

This difference will make a difference.  The effort to measure exactly is worth it as a link fail may cost you the watch. 

Indeed, have had to do a fair amount of bracelet and case cleanup when an old pin has failed and the watch hit the deck. When I come across pins like these I replace all of them in the bracelet now, too much chance of another one failing.

Tom

14 hours ago, whph4evr said:

One more thing that concerns me too, is if 0.9mm will do the job, what if my actual size is 1.0mm, will that matter?

@whph4evri dug this out to help you with measuring to ensure you get the correct ones

Tom

• Like 1