My First Repair = CASIO MD-502 Module 394

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post and my first watch repair.

So I bought a Casio MD-502 off eBay for £20 - faulty as the day was not working. But such an amazing looking watch.

Watching videos online I can try to fix but was thinking why don't I just replace the module itself.

I understand Casio watches use a Miyota movement or calibre.

I think the one for the this watch is like this one as the Sunday is in black not red and font matches = https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234581118144?hash=item369e1fccc0:g:aWkAAOSwP2ddJFDs&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4KRmF8Q%2BFJ1u381NUDp3MSdppDv4gZZczUzsHzjN1dHI9LurUi9UFdFoWgBqH8FrEHzhfDzpg%2BZ4012tA7QGICDTLbH7epph5NW26hF1AHbmda%2F3S8qCP77EsSVXl15GbFbwjbU9kZc0nM%2F8oiZ5%2BfSntYdG0YQwIQpYCCa8nuqyUIBlyNTdRKPZlRNfMshfOENFRnOlhu3W2sLT25ef%2FXBnKmRs1KkOScYotkFmcdZFD%2BX3pIbDhtL1dCjc2vRpnUALzGXhOYJO1g%2BgsP9EtoUwhuQ6NCHo0sUdy674YXZf|tkp%3ABFBM_pLutJ5h

My question is how do I know which watch movement this Casio watch has. A lot of people say just find a cheap donor watch with a 394 movement but I was thinking it might be cheaper to just buy the Miyota part.

Hope this makes sense 🙂