Replacement parts for Jaeger Lecoultre 814 Memovox

I am working on a really nice JLC Memovox with a calibre 814. Everything with the movement is now in working order but I am having trouble with the clutch wheel ( part 407-7407). I noticed that some of the teeth on the side facing into the centre of the watch had broken off. 1 or 2 teeth. It is therefore slipping sometimes and make the action not so smooth. I am located in Europe and I am having an incredibly hard time finding a replacement for an ok price. I found one in America for like 250 USD incl shipping, customs etc...

Does anyone know of any substitute or where I can find such a part?

Thanks(:

That's a weak point on these, and there is also often wear at the pivot point of the intermediate pinion that the clutch engages when time setting. The wear makes hand setting hard, even with light CP friction, so replacement might only be a short term fix. In some cases switching that part from the time to the alarm setting stem will get you along, but if you have teeth broken (sometimes they are just very worn) yes you will need a new one. Sorry I don't have any sources.

Correcting the above wear requires some faceplate work in the lathe.

Thanks for your answer. Like you said, a replacement part is likely merely a short term fix to the problem. I managed to source one miraculously right after I posted this thread. However, the time setting is still not perfectly smooth. The teeth on the clutch wheel themselves look very good but they are still slipping so I imagine there are some other issues involved too that you mentioned. 

What I understand from your reply is that the post on the mainplate which the wheel that engages with the clutch wheel is worn and needs fixing. Is this correct?

Unfortunately, I don't have a lathe at hand. Is there any other way to approach the issue?

Once again, huge thanks for the help(:

this is what it looks like (without the "setting lever springs" attached). As can be seen, very shallow engagement. 

IMG-1220.jpg

Yes, you can see the wear in the photo (and it may be worse than the photo indicates). There's no good way to repair that aside from centering up that post in a faceplate in the lathe*, turning it down a bit, and fitting a sleeve. I usually make the sleeve from beryllium copper, which wears much longer than the original brass.

In the meantime I would use grease there, like 9501 or 9504.

*And centering a part like that is 1000x easier with something like a tailstock microscope.

memovox wear.jpg

4 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Yes, you can see the wear in the photo (and it may be worse than the photo indicates). There's no good way to repair that aside from centering up that post in a faceplate in the lathe*, turning it down a bit, and fitting a sleeve. I usually make the sleeve from beryllium copper, which wears much longer than the original brass.

In the meantime I would use grease there, like 9501 or 9504.

*And centering a part like that is 1000x easier with something like a tailstock microscope.

memovox wear.jpg

I am currently using 9504 on it but there is definitely some slack in the fit. It certainly is slightly worse than what the photo depicts. 

So since I don't have a lathe at the moment I suppose there's not really much I can do. I really wouldn't want to sell it in this condition and setting the time with this issue would surely cause a lot of unnecessary wear. Perhaps I'll have to wait until I get me a lathe...