What tool do I need to remove the whole incabloc setting from the mainplate?

The movement is an AS2066. It came with a broken incabloc spring and I cannot remove it.

After the picture was taken I also broke the other part of the spring trying to remove it:

I've never removed the whole setting so the question is:

What tool would I need for the job?

Also, is there any resource or tutorial online about this whole process?

incabloc spring.jpg

In order to replace a shock spring, it’s generally easier if you have a jeweling tool (with the appropriate anvil and pushers). You would record the existing shock block depth with the jeweling tool, push out the shock block, replace the shock spring, then push the shock block (with shock spring in place) back to the correct depth.

Some people have reported that they CAN reinsert the shock spring into the shock block without having to remove the shock block from the main plate, but it’s quite a difficult process, as you have to insert the shock spring at a very specific angle, and risk damaging the shock spring…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reacher01 said:

So, my problem was that you can't remove the spring on this movement without removing the whole incabloc setting.

Not on the mainplate, at least.

However, I was eventually able to remove it with a toothpick.

Ifibrin is correct here, generally the Incabloc is installed from the outside edge of the setting. You may break the spring if you try to fit it from the inside.

8 hours ago, ifibrin said:

In order to replace a shock spring, it’s generally easier if you have a jeweling tool (with the appropriate anvil and pushers).

8 hours ago, ifibrin said:

Some people have reported that they CAN reinsert the shock spring into the shock block without having to remove the shock block from the main plate, but it’s quite a difficult process,

if this is a Chinese clone getting the spring and is easy because they skip the manufacturing step. If it's an original 99% of the time it's usually easier to take the whole setting out. Because they're not designed to fall out normally. There are some occasions with the right setting that they will come out and getting them back in it's usually easier to take the setting out

easy way just go to your favorite material house in search for incabloc tool. Looks like they've updated the case is the first one is in a newer case style that I haven't seen before in the second link is what I'm the used to seeing.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/incabloc-punch-stake-set?code=I19223

then this is what the set is usually looking like so I'm assuming they updated the case they were in

https://www.ofrei.com/page615.html

10 hours ago, ifibrin said:

In order to replace a shock spring, it’s generally easier if you have a jeweling tool (with the appropriate anvil and pushers). You would record the existing shock block depth with the jeweling tool, push out the shock block, replace the shock spring, then push the shock block (with shock spring in place) back to the correct depth.

Soooo... I have removed the shock block by hand, after taking pictures with a macro lens, and now I'm trying to put it back correctly by trial and error.

Not quite getting it right, though, and the balance is visibly tilted. But I will keep trying.