Seiko VK64 Chrono Hands Reuse Warning

I have a quartz chronograph wristwatch with a Seiko VK64 movement. I noticed the following statement in Red Bold in the tech manual:

*Do not reuse the chronograph hands once detached. Please change and use new hands.

Any idea why this warning is issued? I'd like to change the hour and minute hands, which of course will require R&R of the chrono seconds hand.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, RickTock said:

I have a quartz chronograph wristwatch with a Seiko VK64 movement. I noticed the following statement in Red Bold in the tech manual:

*Do not reuse the chronograph hands once detached. Please change and use new hands.

Any idea why this warning is issued? I'd like to change the hour and minute hands, which of course will require R&R of the chrono seconds hand.

Thanks!

This depends how difficult they are to remove. Some chrono hands can be tight to lift and may receive some damage in doing so. 

Just now, Neverenoughwatches said:

This depends how difficult they are to remove. Some chrono hands can be tight to lift and may receive some damage in doing so. 

Seiko may also just want you to buy new ones, which is more likely the case 😒

• Like 1

Hi  depending on how they are fitted ,( crimp tubes ) they may not fit correctly on re fitting (Loose) and move during use Bloody annoying if you have just cased it up.  Or as NEW said they just want you to fit new ones, but I think its as said they would be loose or a looser fit which may cause problems later.  You could always try and see how you get on.

• Like 1