Hi Everyone,

I am looking to source a new Crystal for an Omega Geneve Oversized TV dial.  I am pretty sure the part number I am looking for is PX5259, but not 100% sure.  I have struck out on the bay and other googlable sources and wanted to check if anyone here might have a suggestion for where I could try next.  

I think the main problem is it's a fairly large square crystal that wasn't used in many models...

Thanks for you help!

Joseph

12 hours ago, jiwilliams79 said:

PX5259, but not 100% sure

one of the things to remember when giving us an Omega case back number is to tell us what it's made of. For instance this case refers to two separate cases Steelcase and a gold plated case. I've seen as many as four preps five separate cases with the same number. The numbers aren't necessarily super specific and sometimes there can be variations of things like crystals depending upon the case like I did notice the solid gold cases may have a different crystal number then a Steelcase. Otherwise usually just tension ring color changes and that changes the letters at the beginning.

so for instance if it was the yellow plated case this is the crystal description and number

063PX5259 | GLA PLEX 2N RIN SP 30.71X30.71 H3.6

and if the stainless steel version this is what we get

063PZ5259 | GLA PLEX ST RIN SP 30.71X30.71 H3.6

descriptions of the same but one letter changes in reference to the color of the ring inside.

and just in case you're not familiar with how the numbers play out

GLA PLEX ST RIN SP 30.71X30.71 H3.6
REF :063PZ5259
063 EYEGLASS :WIHTOUT
063 HEIGHT TOTAL H1 :3.60 MM
063 LENGTH 3-9H L1 :30.71 MM
063 LENGTH 6-12H L2 :30.71 MM
063 PROFILE :CONCAVE
063 SHAPE :EDGE
063 TYPE :ETANCHE
Sold Coeff Unit :1.0
SPARE PART FOR SERVICE :YES
000 MATERIAL :GLASS PLEXI STEEL RING
000 FINISH :NOT DEFINED

7 hours ago, jiwilliams79 said:

but I still have the tension, umbrella, "square" and gasket so do I need to get another one?

I'm not quite sure what were talking about here so maybe a picture

then if you go to cousins and search for the case number the documentation you get a parts breakdown.

notice how even for the stainless steel case there's three separate dials for this. Which is the same problem with the casing numbers they point you in a general traction but they're not very specific.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=166.0190

On 10/9/2022 at 2:46 AM, JohnR725 said:

I'm not quite sure what were talking about here so maybe a picture

then if you go to cousins and search for the case number the documentation you get a parts breakdown.

notice how even for the stainless steel case there's three separate dials for this. Which is the same problem with the casing numbers they point you in a general traction but they're not very specific.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=166.0190

Here is the Pic of the case, ring, and gasket.  Thanks for your help!

20221010_123721.jpg

okay the metal ring which should you want to hang onto just in case that goes in the crystal. So that will come with the crystal. This is where if for some reason you couldn't get the stainless steel version of the crystal you to get the gold version and then you'd swap your ring. Plus if there was a generic which it probably isn't you would want to use the original ring can sometimes are shaped differently.

Then the red thing? okay that may be a problem let me go look at a source of information that you don't have access to.

okay I was having a mental confusion I was being bothered by something in the drawing. Where I go I can put the mouse over the item in the drawing and it lights up in the list so I know exactly what it is so the crystal comes with the metal ring in the drawing the metal ring is shown underneath like a separate components and it would light up in the list way out stupid John that is not a separate component that's the crystal and your red thing must be the case back gaskets because that's the only other gasket they have

which is a guess means that that is and of course by the shape that's a friction on back yes you have to have that ringand I don't know why there's two sets of numbers I think that's also in the PDF so in a case you still need it if that one doesn't work otherwise the watch will not be water resistant

088CVZ008747 | GASKET
GASKET
REF :
088CVZ008747
088 LENGTH L1 :
30.55 MM
088 SHAPE :
FROM SHAPE
088 THICKNESS L3 :
0.45 MM
088 WIDTH L2 :
30.55 MM