Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a Zeno watch that has a NOS Unitas 6428 in it. The hairspiring is messed up, so I need to replace it. I am looking on ebay for that hairspring or balance complete but, unfortunately, I can't find any. Do you know if there are other Unitas models that have the same hairspring as the 6428 and I could also use? And, if yes, how would I know which models would be compatible?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Ignasi

You will want the balance complete.

Not much info on the 6428,  but if you want to take a chance, 

Look here - 

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?11&ranfft&208&2uswk&Unitas_6428

And then here -

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=[^[DXMWJ

Cheers!

Edited by dadistic
  • Like 2

Don't know for sure, there may be differences in shock protection, etc. and they may not fit. 

I could not find any info on compatible parts for the 6428, that's why I said if you want to take a chance. Something with the same jewel settings as what's in your movement, the 6428 according to Ranfft was available with incabloc or novodiac shock protection, maybe others. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, dadistic said:

You will want the balance complete.

for the most part if the hairspring is mangled it's a balance completes. There are some exceptions but this is not one of them

2 hours ago, ign03 said:

Does that mean that any of the balances in the 21600 A/h generation would work?

.this is a interesting watch him that nobody seems to have a cross reference for it. But based on Ranfft Watches then and I snipped out the image for you those should work because they're the same family. The later generations been redesigned and we have no idea what that means. It's one of the problems with technical information like the cross references they seem to only span a specific time range and I'm guessing yours is outside of the time range with a no longer have cross references.

balance wheel with hairspring should fit for these.JPG

4 hours ago, ign03 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a Zeno watch that has a NOS Unitas 6428 in it. The hairspiring is messed up, so I need to replace it. I am looking on ebay for that hairspring or balance complete but, unfortunately, I can't find any. Do you know if there are other Unitas models that have the same hairspring as the 6428 and I could also use? And, if yes, how would I know which models would be compatible?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Ignasi

Hairspring messed up ? How messed up is messed up ?  What i used to consider messed up when i started is now unmessupable to me. Can we see you what you consider messed up. A month ago i unmessed a messed  up army movement hairspring. They're not totally messed up until they're totally messed up. A picatuure please my man 🙃

Edited by Neverenoughwatches