Many topics are being moved from this "GENERAL" sub-forum

Mark

There are many years of thread posts in this "General" sub-forum. In an attempt to better organize and categorize these threads I have created a number of sub-forums within the main category of "Watch Repair Discussions, Help & Advice" over time (a long time as it's a painful job), many of the posts within this General sub-forum will be moved to a more appropriate sub-forum depending on the subject.

Please help by taking a quick look at the sub-forum titles and post in the appropriate section and as a last resort, if you do not find an appropriate sub-forum for your subject then you may post here.

Thank you for your co-operation 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Mark locked and pinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The plate is OK, thanks. It seems the answer to my question is that this is a 'hack' & for me another reminder that in general, one won't be the first person to be tinkering with an old timepiece!. As you day, I've been fortunate to have gotten some good advice and, just as important, encouragement. I've been lucky then not to have the balance spring break as a result of my novice 'ministrations' - but I did remember to 'stroke' rather than bend per se. The clock is of sentimental value to the owner so I'm relieved to have now got it running to time with the support & encourage of forum members like yourself.
    • Thanks ww, its maybe not as much of a bodge trick that i thought it was. 
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  It would be nice if you told us a little about yourself.
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  Can we help with what you are trying to  figure out? 
    • In think you are effectively shortening the coil by shorting out damaged tracks. In my case as long as the continuity was good and the resistance not too greatly affected it should be ok .  One was on an era  movement,