Eta 955 412 - On Tag Heuer Formula 1 Midsize

Help please!

Just started, so a novice! I have watched the tutorials about servicing the above movement. Can someone please tell me the correct way to remove the stem and or tighten the crown, without having to dismantle the movement? I simply wanted to replace the glass on the watch, which I have done following the tutorials.

Many thanks

Thanks Mark?

I have watched the video many times. The bit I am unsure of - if I unscrew the crown from the stem, I can remove the movement to replace the glass etc. I then had a problem that the crown unscrews when adjusting the time, because I am unsure how to hold the stem from moving to retighten the crown after re-assembley. Or am I meant to tighten the crown to the stem and then insert into the movement? If the later do I insert by depressing the setting lever/setting lever spring.

Sorry - you make it look too easy!

Thanks

If I understand you correct, you removed the crown from the stem in order to remove the movement from the case. If so then you have made too much work for yourself as you could remove the crown and stem as one piece by depressing the bolt as demonstrated in the video.

Whatever you do - do not over-tighten the crown back on the stem as you can damage it. Apply Threadlocker by Loctite (remove the stem from the movement first) to the end of the thread and gently screw the crown on until it is finger tight, then leave it some hours before re-assembly.

Those crowns can break quite easily so be careful.