Hello guys,
All right with you?

I found the forum looking for help with a problem with the crown of a Tissot Chronograph.

I got my uncle's used watch. I changed the battery and was trying to adjust the time.

The crown has come off and I can't put it back on.

Did it break?

I thought about asking for your help, since where I live it is difficult to get specialized assistance.

Thanks a lot

IMG20220718194821.jpg

IMG20220718194809.jpg

IMG20220718194752.jpg

IMG20220718194741.jpg

16 hours ago, s0ldi3r said:

Did it break?

Yes. It is a crew on crown, and the threaded portion is still screwed into the case tube. It should be possible to remove it holding it with small pliers and unscrewing. You can try pressing it back into the crown, but it will not hold unless something is done to increase friction. All that is work for a watch repairer. A replacent original  crown may be difficult to source, even for a Tissot official service center.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jdm said:

Yes. It is a crew on crown, and the threaded portion is still screwed into the case tube. It should be possible to remove it holding it with small pliers and unscrewing. You can try pressing it back into the crown, but it will not hold unless something is done to increase friction. All that is work for a watch repairer. A replacent original  crown may be difficult to source, even for a Tissot official service center.

Thanks, jdm

I'll try in a oficial service first. 

Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.