Very Curios 30T2 Omega Pocket Watch

wls1971

I have been off work for two weeks on holiday, and apart from doing odd jobs around the house for witch the list is endless as supplied by my other half. I have been buying a bit on Ebay and looking for reasonable priced watches for the collection one is a rather nice 1930's gents watch in a deco style which I am waiting for delivery, the other was a total gamble. A pocket watch so badly listed with out of focus pictures and a scant description.

My interest was aroused even though the pictures where very bad the pocket watch appeared to have a 30t2sc movement, I have been collecting watches for over 30 years since a teenager with a love of watches, carboot sales and charity shops thay all went hand in hand and started a bug that no doctor can cure, in all that time I have never seen a Omega pocket watch with a 30t2 movement other than in books.

The watch arrived this morning and has been ticking away merrily, the watch is as follows,

Stainless steel case marked acier *inox* with the the usual omega triangle mark and the following reference number underneath " 1 c 418140" and measures 45mm across and is in a lepine style case.

The movement is a 30t2sc with the serial number " 10093198"

The dial has Omega with non magnetic printed below and has a separate second track around the outside.

I have a number of question about the watch so am appealing to any Omega experts or collectors if they have ever seen one before and know anything about it. There are probably plenty about I'm just looking in the wrong place so cant find any info,

many thanks,

Wayne

IMG_19031_zps3xgxtdqe.jpg

IMG_19001_zpscschxcsf.jpg

IMG_1901_zpshtgnggiy.jpg

• Like 1

I have not seen one in a pocket watch case before but as the SC  30T2 is centre seconds then it lends itself well.

I have just done an O/H on a 30T2 which went very well.

Had to fit a new balance staff as the original had been replaced and a non-inca was fitted, was a huge amount of work to reverse all the adjustments done to make the non-inca staff work.

The serial number on your movement suggests the watch was from the early to mid 1940's

Did you take the picture with a low shutter speed - I see motion blur on the seconds driving wheel :)

• Like 1

Hi thank for the reply, I have owned 30t2 watches before always been very reliable, one of the very best Omega produced, the photos where taken with a slow shutter speed so with the balance moving it has produced quite a bit of movement blur, laziness prevented me from moving my camera set up to a brighter spot ( I am on Holiday after all ) :D